If I am involved in an accident, when do I need to file a report?
You need to file an accident report with the Police Department if the accident resulted in personal injury to any involved party, the physical damage to any one vehicle is greater than $1,000., or if one of the parties requests that an accident report be taken. If the accident does not meet one of the above criteria, a police officer will assist the parties in the exchange of license, registration, and insurance information. For your protection, law enforcement should be called to the scene of any accident.

Show All Answers

1. Does the Police Department accept and discard expired prescription medications?
2. Are there any City laws regarding alcoholic beverages?
3. Is there a noise ordinance?
4. What other local laws should I know about?
5. Does the City of Ogdensburg have a Dog Control Officer?
6. Is there a leash law?
7. What other local laws pertain to dogs?
8. Does the Dog Control Officer handle stray cats?
9. Does the Police Department handle nuisance wildlife?
10. What types of violations can I receive a parking ticket for?
11. How much are parking tickets?
12. How do I pay a parking ticket?
13. Does the Police Department issue picture identification cards or offer fingerprinting for citizens?
14. Does the Police Department have a Crime Prevention Program?
15. If I am involved in an accident, when do I need to file a report?
16. How do I obtain a copy of my accident report?
17. What if I have a question about non-parking fines or my court appearance?
18. How do I recover my stolen property or evidence?