The City of Ogdensburg has modified its brush pickup policy and will no longer be providing curbside pickup during the summer months. The City will continue to provide spring and fall cleanups. Questions related to any changes can be directed to the Department of Public Works.
The City’s yard waste landfill (on Outer Champlain Street) is available for use by City residents during regular business hours – 8 am to 3 pm, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and by calling DPW on Tuesdays and Thursdays from early spring until the end of fall cleanup to drop off your brush, branches or leaves.
Will start on or about Monday, April 17, 2017. The last day to put out yard waste for spring pickup is May 21, 2017.
Will start on or about Monday, October 16, 2017. The last day to put out materials for pickup is November 12, 2017.
Please help us ensure prompt pick-up by following these guidelines.
- Yard Waste includes Brush, Branches (under 6 inches in diameter and less than 6 feet long), and Leaves only. Leaves should be in a separate pile. NO BAGS, NO CONTAINERS.
- Yard Waste DOES NOT include pet waste, construction debris, regular garbage or containers of any kind.
- Locate yard waste between the sidewalk and curb, not in the street.
- Piles must not block fire hydrants, nor touch poles, bushes, or fences.
- DO NOT place yard waste in any kind of containers.
- The City WILL NOT pick up debris or yard waste generated by a contractor.
- We start the cleanup process in the Second Ward and move towards Proctor Ave. We will go back through each ward multiple times during the cleanup process.
- With the exception of spring and fall cleanup periods it is prohibited to place yard waste in the area between the curb line and the sidewalk. Where no sidewalk is present it is prohibited to place yard waste within fifteen (15’) feet of the curb line. Property owners in violation of this policy will receive an order of remedy before the City takes action to correct the violation. Property owners will be financially responsible for all costs and fines, as documented in our municipal code, to resolve the violation (Reference OMC § 181-1 & § 181-7).
- It is unlawful to place yard waste in the roadway. City Police will be contacted to address violations. Property owners will be financially responsible for all costs and fines, as documented in our municipal code, to resolve the violation (Reference OMC § 181-1, § 181-7 & § 131).
If you have any questions regarding changes to our policy or the spring and fall cleanup schedule, please call the Department of Public Works at 315-393-2300.