Public notice is hereby given that the Ogdensburg City Council will hold a special City Council meeting on Monday, August 24, 2020 at 7pm in City Council Chambers at 330 Ford Street, Ogdensburg, NY for the following matters:
- A public hearing regarding a Local Law to amend the City Charter in regard to a residency requirement for the position of Chief of Police
- A public hearing regarding an ordinance to provide for the sale of City-owned property at public auction (Paper Curtis Street)
- A public hearing regarding a Local Law to amend the City Charter in regard to the powers and duties of the City Manager
- Personal Appearance
- An ordinance to amend the Official City Map to dissolve a portion of Paper Hayward Street measuring approximately 60’ x 212’ off of Hayward Street, just west of John Street
- A Local Law to amend the City Charter in regard to a residency requirement for the position of Chief of Police
- An ordinance to provide for the sale of City-owned property at public auction (Paper Curtis Street)
- A Local Law to amend the City Charter in regard to the powers and duties of the City Manager
- A resolution to approve the sale of surplus property located at 116 Oak Street to Mr. Michael Pribnow
- A resolution to extend the Airport Security Agreement with the Ogdensburg Bridge and Port Authority for four months and instructing the City Manager to prepare a proposed Airport Security Agreement for the period of January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2023 for Council review at the September 14, 2020 City Council Meeting
- A resolution introducing an ordinance and providing for public notice and public hearing with regard to the sale of City-owned property (Paper Hayward Street)
- Citizen Participation
- Executive Session to discuss the medical, financial, credit or employment history of a particular person or corporation or matters leading to the appointment, employment, promotion, demotion, discipline, suspension, dismissal or removal of a particular person or corporation.
Due to public health and safety concerns related to COVID-19 and in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 202.1, remote attendance for this meeting will also be offered via videoconferencing using GoToWebinar.com and a transcript will be provided at a later date.
The public will have an opportunity to participate in the meeting in accordance with §AR-17(G) of the Ogdensburg Municipal Code using the following link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3096283427005204748 or by calling 1-415-655-0060 and entering Access Code #300-707-006. The public can preregister to attend the meeting by using the link above.
Those who are only able to attend by telephone and do not have a device to view the meeting (i.e., desktop, laptop, tablet/ipad, smartphone) will not be able to be unmuted for Public Hearings, Personal Appearance or Citizen Participation during the meeting. Those people are encouraged to request their comments be read at the meeting by sending a message to email@example.com before 4pm on Monday, August 24, 2020. If those people are unable to send their comments by email, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 315-393-3540 before 4pm on Monday, August 24, 2020.